Η ΕΛΙΞ σας προτείνει ένα πρόγραμμα στο πλαίσιο του European Solidarity Corps (Ευρωπαϊκό Σώμα Αλληλεγγύης), η νέα πρωτοβουλία της Ευρωπαϊκής Ένωσης, η οποία δημιουργεί ευκαιρίες για όσους νέους επιθυμούν να κάνουν εθελοντισμό ή να εργαστούν σε προγράμματα προς όφελος κοινοτήτων και ατόμων σε όλη την Ευρώπη. Το προτεινόμενο πρόγραμμα θα διαρκέσει 5 μήνες, από τον Φεβρουάριο του 2020 μέχρι τον Ιούνιο 2020 και το συντονίζει η οργάνωση Allianssi Youth Exchanges (Allianssi) στην Φινλανδία.
Προθεσμία υποβολής αιτήσεων: Τρίτη, 7 Ιανουαρίου 2020.
Volunteering period: Start date 2nd February 2020 – 3rd June 2020
Length of stay: 5 months
Number of volunteers: 1
Loimaa Evangelical Folk High School (LEKO) is a private educational establishment with 80 years long history. It is located in Hirvikoski, calm and beautiful rural area of South-West Finland at village, 150 km from Helsinki, 60 km from Turku and 4 km form Loimaa town. LEKO works in the field of education, social work, hospitality services and spiritual work locally, regionally and internationally. It provides formal, non-formal and informal education for different target groups. The upper basic education programs for adults (with a main target group of immigrants) dominates in the profile of the school. Moreover, there is a program for 10th grade; local and international professional development courses; activities for development of interests. A dormitory, catering and camping services are available at LEKO too. The school provides social services for individuals and families in the municipality. Three blocks of children homes for local and immigrant children and youth are here, as well. Workshops are held for people with special needs in school. A wide variety of activities for different target groups such as spiritual meetings, discussion clubs, sauna nights, camps are held here.
We are looking for a volunteer with a desire to get experiences from Finland, a person with curiosity, self-initiative and willingness to help and share his/ her own experiences with LEKO, Loimaa and a larger community and get ready, actively take leading part in international Volunteer Corps group in late spring.
LEKO serves about 100 full time students, and 50 staff members. The student community is mostly comprised of the different national background young adults and families with young children.
The volunteer will work in cooperation and under guidance of 3-4 folk high school staff members, but be supervised by one.
- working with residential students: assisting, organizing, or even preparing various free time activities, like Women Club, Sport evenings, Cooking Club, English Chatting evenings, Workshop about volunteers’ country.
- assisting with work with Preschool Play Group kids, and children in children homes. The volunteer is encouraged to carry out own ideas and projects, some topic of her /his hobby or expertise (sport, language, handicraft, music, etc.)
- making small presentations explaining about her/his home country, youth activities in own country and on a broader level, in the EU.
- getting ready and co-leading international groups of volunteers in early summer, acting as an intercultural messenger encouraging participants with different ethnic backgrounds to co-operate together.
- activating social media for LEKO
- supporting in practical tasks at the folk high school when needed
The volunteer is welcome to take part in a Finnish language and culture course and to participate in trips and camps organized for LEKO community. He/she will stay at the student dormitory with rooms shared by 2 persons and a common kitchen. There is a food service at the school during working days, with possibility to pay attention to different diets.
The position is suitable for any English speaking (at conversational level) young people aged 18-30. LEKO is unobstructed only in the study area, so unfortunately, we cannot provide a place for volunteer who is on a wheelchair. Our work language at the school is Finnish, but with volunteer we use English. We will interview potential candidates through skype and we are open to discuss with the volunteer about the tasks she/he is most interested /capable of doing. We would be happy if the volunteer will enjoy socializing and doing activities in a multicultural society with tolerance. We hope that our volunteer is positive, ready to take on different kind of tasks and to enjoy his/her time in Finland.
More information and application forms on the website of the coordinating organisation, Allianssi Youth Exchanges.
HOW TO APPLY
- On the subject of the email write “ESC at LEKO, your name and surname”.
- Please write in the body of your email that ELIX – Conservation Volunteers Greece is your supporting organization.
Application DEADLINE for all candidates is 7th January 2020!