About ELIX: ELIX is a Greek Non-Governmental Organization committed to promote personal development and everyone's evolution as citizens of the world through active participation in public life. Founded in 1987, ELIX has supported and educated more than 10,000 people to participate in innovative actions in Greece and more than 40 countries around the world. Since November 2016, ELIX has been implementing an educational programme for refugee and immigrant children, aged 3-17, and their parents in Attica.
Through this project, more than 4000 refugee children, and their parents, have gained access to a flexible and reliable framework offering non-formal educational activities, such as courses of Greek, English, Mother Tongue, Mathematics, Civic Education and Life Skills, in order to enhance their potential and learning pathway.
ELIX is looking to hire a team of Outreach Workers, with specialty in outreach activities with diverse local communities. Outreach workers will seek out beneficiaries and advise and assist them in understanding access to educational information through an online platform. They will also provide technical assistance to beneficiaries regarding access to any technological material (smart phones, tablets, laptops, internet) and/or online resources.
Reports to: Team Leader
Duration: Contract duration depending on project funding and ELIX organizational needs. The working schedule is on a five-day basis, Monday to Friday, full time.
Location: Attica and the Greek Islands
Key role and responsibilities:
- Working as part of a team to deliver a range of innovative community outreach and engagement activities around Attica and the Greek Islands;
- Developing and sustaining positive relationships with a range of people, including residents, community leaders, local groups and organisations, and local authorities;
- Visiting the field and seeking out possible beneficiaries for the project, building professional relationships for promoting the project;
- Visiting the field on a daily basis for the needs of the project, providing guidance, advice and assistance to beneficiaries regarding the use of technological equipment and online educational resources;
- Working as part of a team to organise and hold events that draw in and involve local residents and partners;
- Publicising the project through flyers, posters, social media and networking with residents, local groups and organisations;
- Supporting face-to-face, online, and print communication, as well as any other related activities;
- Supporting the delivery and analysis of community-based qualitative action research;
- Working in different environments (both office-based and on the ground), at times best suited to the community;
Qualifications and experience:
- Relevant outreach experience on the field, especially the Greek Island, with diverse local communities and on diverse locations.
- Undergraduate, or Graduate degree in a related social and/or humanitarian field.
- Must possess strong interpersonal skills with a commitment to provide respectful, culturally-competent communication, including an awareness and acceptance of cultural differences; basic knowledge of diverse cultures and environments; and the skills to adapt communication skills to fit cultural context.
- Knowledge of and ability to use smartphone, tablet, laptop, computer and database systems, as well as the ability to pass that knowledge on to other persons.
- Exceptional communication and organizational skills
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously with minimal supervision and in a timely fashion.
- Ability to employ critical thinking and effective communication skills, work independently, and make recommendations for new opportunities to advance the mission of ELIX.
- Outstanding oral communication and presentation skills.
- Strong experience preparing reports.
- Friendly, enthusiastic and positive attitude.
- Strong knowledge of social media and other basic online platforms.
- Ability for traveling within Greece.
Competencies for this role: Behaviors (Values in practice)
- Holds self-accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modelling ELIX values.
- Holds the team and partners accountable to deliver on their responsibilities - giving them the freedom to deliver in the best way they see fit, providing the necessary development to improve performance and applying appropriate consequences when results are not achieved.
- Sets ambitious and challenging goals for themselves and their team, takes responsibility for their own personal development and encourages their team to do the same.
- Widely shares their personal vision for ELIX, engages and motivates others.
- Future orientated, thinks strategically and on a global scale.
- Thrives in a hectic and challenging work environment and is able to cope with the hardship of a humanitarian emergency setting.
- Builds and maintains effective relationships, with their team, colleagues, Members and external partners and supporters.
- Values diversity and sees it as a source of competitive strength.
- Approachable, good listener, easy to talk to.
- Develops and encourages new and innovative solutions.
- Willing to take disciplined risks.
Honest, encourages openness and transparency; demonstrates highest levels of integrity.
Then apply for this position by filling in the form below.
All applicants must send a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages). Both must be in English. CV only applications will not be considered.
Disclaimer Clause: The above job description is not an exhaustive list of the skills, effort, duties and responsibilities associated with the relevant positions.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Applications close on 11th November 2020