Position title: Administration Officer – ELIX-OFFICE-ADMIN
ELIX is a Greek Non-Governmental Organisation committed to promote personal development and everyone's evolution as citizen of the world through active participation in public life. Founded in 1987, ELIX has supported and educated more than 10,000 people to participate in innovative actions in Greece and more than 40 countries around the world. Since November 2016, ELIX has been implementing the project "Quality Play-Based Learning and Non-Formal Education, Enhanced Psychosocial Well-Being and Positive Integration for Refugee Children Aged 3-17 Years in Greece" in 12 different locations. Through this project, more than 2,500 refugee children, and their parents, have gained access to a flexible and reliable framework offering non-formal educational activities, such as courses of Greek, English, Mother Tongue, Mathematics, Civic Education and Life Skills, in order to enhance their potential and learning pathway.
ELIX is looking to hire a qualified and reliable Administration Officer to undertake the overall office coordination and administration tasks, ensuring the rest of the staff has adequate support to work efficiently. The ideal candidate will be competent in prioritizing and working with little supervision. He/she will be self-motivated and trustworthy. The Administration Officer ensure smooth running of the Organization’s offices and contributes in driving sustainable growth.
Reports to: ELIX Finance Manager and ELIX HR Coordinator
Location: ELIX Office
Duration: Contract duration will be three to six months, depending on the funding and ELIX organizational needs. The working schedule is on a five-day basis, Monday to Friday, full time.
Key role and responsibilities:
- Greet and welcome guests as soon as they arrive at the office;
- Direct visitors to the appropriate person and office;
- Answer, screen and forward incoming phone calls, redirect them when necessary;
- Provide basic and accurate information in-person and via phone/email;
- Maintain office security by following safety procedures and controlling access via the reception desk (monitor logbook, issue visitor badges);
- Receive, sort and distribute daily mail/deliveries;
- Prepare and disseminate correspondence, memos and forms;
- File, update or report any archival information when and where necessary -employees, customers, suppliers and external partners;
- Manage and update the daily/weekly/monthly agenda, arrange new meetings and appointments;
- Check frequently the levels of office supplies, keep inventory of stock and place appropriate orders in coordination with Procurement;
- Keep updated records of office expenses and costs in cooperation with Procurement;
- Perform other clerical receptionist duties such as filing, photocopying, transcribing and faxing;
- Proven work experience as a Secretary, Receptionist, Administrative Assistant, Front Officer Representative or similar role;
- Diploma or Degree from a School of Secretaries will be considered a strong asset;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite;
- Excellent knowledge of the English language. Any other languages will be considered a strong asset;
- Familiarity with office organization and optimization techniques;
- Hands-on experience with office equipment (e.g. fax machines and printers);
- High Degree of multi-tasking and time management capability, with the ability to prioritize tasks;
- Excellent organizational skills;
- Ability to be resourceful, proactive and take initiatives when issues arise;
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills;
- Professional attitude, appearance and integrity;
Competencies for this role:
Behaviors (Values in practice)
- Holds self-accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modelling ELIX values.
- Holds the team and partners accountable to deliver on their responsibilities - giving them the freedom to deliver in the best way they see fit, providing the necessary development to improve performance and applying appropriate consequences when results are not achieved.
- Sets ambitious and challenging goals for themselves and their team, takes responsibility for their own personal development and encourages their team to do the same.
- Widely shares their personal vision for ELIX, engages and motivates others.
- Future orientated, thinks strategically and on a global scale.
- Thrives in a hectic and challenging work environment and is able to cope with the hardship of a humanitarian emergency setting.
- Builds and maintains effective relationships, with their team, colleagues, Members and external partners and supporters.
- Values diversity and sees it as a source of competitive strength.
- Approachable, good listener, easy to talk to.
- Develops and encourages new and innovative solutions.
- Willing to take disciplined risks.
- Honest, encourages openness and transparency; demonstrates highest levels of integrity.
Then apply for this position by filling in the form below.
All applicants must send a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages). Both must be in English. CV only applications will not be considered.
Disclaimer Clause: The above job description is not an exhaustive list of the skills, effort, duties and responsibilities associated with the relevant positions.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Applications close on 4th of June 2018.