Η ΕΛΙΞ, εταίρος του προγράμματος "Fight against hate speech", έχει εξασφαλίσει για εσάς και αναζητά 3 άτομα ηλικίας 18+ που θα συμμετέχουν στο εκπαιδευτικό σεμινάριο που διοργανώνεται από τις 3 έως τις 10 Νοεμβρίου 2016 στην πόλη του Le Mans της Γαλλίας και συγχρηματοδοτείται από το Erasmus+.
Περισσότερα για το σεμινάριο
FROM Thursday 3rd of November (ARRIVAL DAY)
TO Thursday 10th of November (DEPARTURE DAY)
VENUE: Gué Bernisson, 102 rue de l’Esterel, 72100 LE MANS
Background of the project:
Hate speech is one of the most worrying forms of racism and discrimination prevailing across Europe and amplified by the Internet and social media. Hate speech online is the visible tip of the iceberg of intolerance and ethnocentrism. Young people are directly concerned as agents and victims of online abuse of human rights.
A lot of information sources, various ways to get the information, mass media, no places to discuss about news, a kind of loneliness in front of all those forms of information, …
We are currently facing a lot of reasons to question ourselves about how the information is treated by youth and their look on the freedom offered by the Internet.
The Council of Europe views hate speech as a threat to democracy and human rights. In 2013, the youth branch of the Council of Europe started a new campaign, “No Hate Speech Movement”. It aims to raise awareness of the problem, change attitudes towards it and mobilize young people to act against it. This Training Course has been inspired by this European Campaign. Because we share the same values of tolerance, respect and freedom of expression and because we have the feeling that it is needed in our countries, we want to spread it around us and we want to be actors of making the Internet a safer space for all.
Objectives of the Training:
This project aims to allow youth workers to have a reflecting time on the various subjects in a personal way first and as a youth worker. The participants who will follow this training will be able to lead debates, workshops for the youth to bring them to this kind of reflecting.
The main goal of this training is to allow participants to feel able to organize workshops on the topic of the Hate Speech, and how to fight it. Back in their countries and their organizations, participants will have the knowledge and tools needed to be an actor in this fight. Following this objectives, they will train their leading and training skills by practicing them:
- Organizing an event in the public space based on the topic of “Online Discriminations”
- Creating a “cyber-citizen” tool with a group
- Organizing a meeting/debate with an activist
- Leading a group in the process of making a “testimony-video”
> Allowing youth workers, youth leaders to have a better understanding of the youth's position toward the society, the citizen's role, the impact on the daily life of citizens on democracy.
> Thinking together and exchanging on the space that Internet and social network have in the youth life, the impact on social relations, group dynamics, adults/youth relationship. A "step to the side" toward the “everything connected” online, the access to information without taking the time to analyze the sources.
> Exchanging on the position of youth workers in the support of youth regarding those questions: which tools? Which methods?
The main result expected is the awareness of the participant around the topic of the Hate Speech: Where do we find it? Under which forms does it exist? How can we fight it? How can we speak about it with the youth?
The methodology, based on the reinforcement of non-formal education values, training sessions, workshops, debates, and the structure of this European training will serve to further encourage an active involvement of each participant. This will allow participants to be able to develop competencies and new tools for the strengthening of awareness in hate speech on the Internet approach in their organisation.
PROFILE OF PARTICIPANTS
- For youth workers (youth leaders, social workers, project coordinators, volunteers, mentors) who want to develop and discover tools for working on Human Rights and discrimination
- Even if part of the training will focus on the Hate Speech online, no specific competences are required in this field
- Participants should be at least 18 years old and should have a good level of English.
- Participants should be motivated to participate, willing and able to use the competences gained during the Training Course in their own realities, through youth work activities. Back home, they will have to implement projects or activities for and with youth linked to the objectives of this training.
- They will have to communicate about their work and the projects leaded back home.
- Finally, they will have to be ready to get involved in the "NO HATE SPEECH" campaign.
Group size: 30 participants (+ 3 trainers) from ERASMUS+ PROGRAMME COUNTRIES AND
The accommodation will be in a Group Accommodation Center, in the city of Le Mans. It is situated not far from our office, a large forest and a lake. From here, you can reach the city center in 25 minutes by tramway. The Training sessions will take place in another Center, 10 minutes by tramway from the accommodation place.
You will be in dormitory, 4 per room with bunk bed. Bed sheets and blankets are provided, but bring your own towel and toiletries. Breakfast and dinner will be taken in the accommodation place, in a collective restauration centre. Lunch will be taken in a different restauration centre.
There is no website for the accommodation place, but you can have a look at some picture following this link: http://www.lemans-tourisme.com/fr/autres-hebergements/centre-du-gue-bernisson
Le Mans (143000 inhabitants) is located in the West of France. It is the administrative center of the Sarthe department, in the Pays de La Loire region (50 min from Paris) You will have time to discover the city. Le Mans is a beautiful art and historical city; it is the third one of the Pays de la Loire region when it comes to culture and tourism. The old city center is surrounded by Roman walls and the most recent renovation works organized to preserve the oldest parts of Le Mans have helped to enhance its local heritage. Two rivers cross the city which has been named one of France greenest cities. There we can find various parks and gardens, in addition to the two big forests bordering the city.
HOW TO GET THERE ?
The closest airports are Nantes or Paris. From here you can take a train to Le Mans
DON’T FORGET TO BRING WITH YOU
- Your travel proofs: originals or copies of flight invoices, original boarding passes
and train/bus tickets (with price clearly shown).
- Your own towels and toiletries (everything needed for shower and your personal items)
- Traditional food, snacks, drinks from your country for the intercultural night
- Leaflets, posters, brochures from your organization
- Information and tools about your organizations work on Hate Speech, Human Rights
- Information about Hate Speech in your country and faced by the youth
- Any personal “talent” you want to share with the group: music instrument, games …
- And for sure please bring with you your smile and inspiration
Bed sheets and blankets will be provided at the accommodation.
We will offer you a place to put your valuables, but if they are not essential, please do not bring them. You are fully responsible for all your belongings.
Participants can purchase their tickets after their final confirmation as participant by ELIX. All the travel costs will be reimbursed the earliest 3 months after the end of the training course/youth exchange. Please note that the process of reimbursement will be carried out directly with the applicant organizations and not with the individual participants. We kindly remind all participants to keep the original tickets
- the project dates are 3rd – 10th of November 2016;
- the arrivals are scheduled for the 3rd November 2016 in in the afternoon (please make sure that your flight is not landing in the late evening as there won’t be suitable connection to join the place);
- the departures are scheduled for 10th of November 2016 in the morning
Το κόστος των μετακινήσεων κάθε συμμετέχοντα στο πρόγραμμα αυτό επιδοτείται μέχρι του ποσού των 360€(*), σύμφωνα με τους όρους και τους κανόνες του Erasmus+. Οι συμμετέχοντες λαμβάνουν την επιδότηση αυτή μετά από την ολοκλήρωση του προγράμματος και αφού έχουν καταθέσει τα απαραίτητα δικαιολογητικά (αποδείξεις, εισιτήρια, boarding pass, κλπ…).
(*: Επεξήγηση: αν λοιπόν το συνολικό κόστος των εισιτηρίων σου, αεροπορικά, μετρό, λεωφορεία, κλπ (όχι ΤΑΞΙ) φτάσει τα 350€ τότε θα λάβεις 350€ άρα θα επιδοτηθεί το 100% του κόστους των μετακινήσεων σου. Αν το συνολικό κόστος φτάσει τα 400€ τότε θα λάβεις το μέγιστο της επιδότησης τα 360€.)
Η διαμονή και η διατροφή των συμμετεχόντων καλύπτεται πλήρως από το πρόγραμμα.
Το ποσό συμμετοχής προς την ΕΛΙΞ είναι 100€.
Ο κάθε συμμετέχοντας θα πρέπει να έχει ιδιωτική ασφάλιση κατά την διάρκεια της συνάντησης καθώς δεν θα τους καλύπτει κάποιος δημόσιος φορέας κατά την παραμονή τους στην Γαλλία ή να είναι κάτοχος της Ευρωπαϊκής κάρτας Ασφάλισης Ασθενείας.
Για να δηλώσετε συμμετοχή συμπληρώστε στα αγγλικά την παρακάτω φόρμα συμμετοχής έως τις 11/10/2016!