Η ΕΛΙΞ, εταίρος του εκπαιδευτικού σεμιναρίου "YOUTHIFICATION of Group Facilitation 2018" που φιλοξενεί η οργάνωση “Subkult – Association for Mobility & Exchange" της Ελβετίας, έχει εξασφαλίσει για εσάς 2 θέσεις για ηλικίες 18+, που επιθυμούν να συμμετέχουν στο σεμινάριο που διοργανώνεται στην πόλη Leysin στην Ελβετία, από τις 20 έως τις 29 Αυγούστου 2018.
Στο πρόγραμμα, που συγχρηματοδοτείται από το Erasmus+, θα συμμετέχουν συμμετέχοντες από δώδεκα χώρες: Αυστρία, Τσεχία, Γεωργία, Γερμανία, Ελλάδα, Ιταλία, FYROM, Πορτογαλία, Ρωσία, Σερβία, Ισπανία, και Αγγλία.
Προθεσμία για τις αιτήσεις: Παρασκευή, 4 Μαΐου 2018!
Περισσότερα για το πρόγραμμα:
The main aim of the training course "YOUTHIFICATION of Group Facilitation 2018" is to train youth workers who work with groups of young people to ensure the highest quality standard in organizing, implementing and evaluating workshop sessions with different groups, by developing strong facilitation competences.
The training course, organized by Subkult, is the third edition of the set of training courses for youth workers. Subkult identified that the work with young people is mostly done in groups. Youth workers have a need to always improve their competences in managing youth groups in order to achieve their goals. We recognise the area of facilitation competences as a crucial element in youth work and that is why we would like to contribute into the development of these competences among youth workers from Europe.
Facilitation as a method has been incorporated by many youth organizations and groups as a tool which will enhance the integration, inclusion, involvement, participation and equality of all members of a community. Facilitation enables and empowers young people to carry out a task or perform an action. The facilitator does not perform the task but uses certain skills in a process which allows the individuals/group reach their decision/ set their goal/learn a skill. Facilitation is a developmental educational method which encourages people to share ideas, resources, opinions and to think critically in order to identify needs and find effective ways of satisfying those needs.
The training course will take place from 20th until 29th of August 2018 in Leysin, Switzerland. This year we are targeting FACILITATORS and YOUTH WORKERS who are leading GROUPS of young people within their youth organizations. On the one hand, we would like to develop competences of the youth workers in managing different behaviors in a group, dealing with challenges related to different roles in a group, group dynamics, facilitating group discussions, verbal and non-verbal communication. From the other hand, in the second part of the training course, we want to offer a safe learning environment where participants will have to implement short 40 minutes workshops in pairs and directly apply in practice the methods and tools learned during the training course. At the end, they will get constructive feedback from their colleagues and trainers which will contribute to their learning process even more.
The specific objectives of the training course are:
- Increasing participants’ knowledge and understanding about group work and group dynamics
- Developing participants’ skills for facilitating group processes with special emphasis on verbal and non-verbal communication
- Exploring different methodologies and concepts within non-formal education that can improve the quality of group work
- Offering participants a safe learning environment for trying out the tools and methods they learned by implementing small workshop sessions
- Increasing participants’ awareness of providing and receiving constructive feedback as a very important learning tool
- Promoting and supporting intercultural learning as core principle when working with groups of young people
- Presenting to youth workers the different learning opportunities at European level that are offered by the Erasmus+
The approach in this training course is process-based with significant emphasis on the Practical Implementation of Workshops and the Learning to Learn concept. The training programme is designed on a way to provide not only theoretical knowledge about facilitation of groups and interactive exercises during the learning, but also in the second half of the course there will be 2 days of practical work in pairs where each participant will have the chance to prepare and run a small workshop of 40 minutes and learn by doing. These workshops will allow the participants to implement right away the learning gained in the first part of the training course. We consider this to be the best way of learning, when such combination between theory and practice is being done.
The activities follow a logical flow that is compatible to the target group and provide platform for exploring the issues in a safe learning environment where mistakes are allowed to be made. The training course is based on non-formal learning principles, approaches and methodologies. The participants will be encouraged to analyze, reflect on and develop, learning from every aspect. During and after activities there will be time-out periods where participants will be challenged to analyze dynamics, to explore what is going on in the group, to understand their own actions and reactions. There will be inputs and theories, case studies, coaching sessions, role play & simulation activities, experiential learning, exercises where participants will practice skills and use different tools.
One of the crucial skills that will be developed is the giving/receiving constructive feedback, especially during the practical implementation of the workshops. Here the learning will be happening mostly from the received feedback by the trainers and the other participants as peers.
Who can take part in this training course?
To be eligible to apply for this training course you have to fulfill the following criteria:
• to be a youth worker or volunteer who is actively involved in the work of a youth organization and who is still beginner in leading groups and facilitating group processes;
• who will be responsible for or involved in conducting workshops and group work activities in the organization after this training course;
• has to be well informed about the organization’s activities and is able to present its work to the other participants;
• has basic understanding of youth work principles and values;
• be able to communicate in English;
• has to be committed to attend the full duration of the training course;
• must be supported by an organization before, during and after the training course;
• to be above 18 years of age.
The candidate will also need to show:
• a strong commitment to young people and an understanding of the factors affecting their lives;
• the ability to provide reliable support to young people in times of stress and act with integrity;
• excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to establish good relationships with young people;
• patience, tolerance and flexibility in terms of cultural diversity;
• a sense of adventure and a willingness to try new things;
• the ability to treat young people's concerns with respect, tact and sensitivity, while being aware of the limits that are required by confidentiality and the boundaries that govern the youth/youth worker relationship;
• a great deal of resilience.
Leysin is a municipality of the canton of Vaud in the Aigle district of South-West Switzerland. Located in the Bernese Alps, Leysin is a sunny alpine resort village at the eastern end of Lake Geneva in proximity to Montreux, Lausanne and Geneva at 1450 m above sea level, together with the wonderful nature around. In Leysin the official language is French, but most of the people speak German and English as well.
Once the participant is informed that has been selected, s/he will have 48 hours’ time to confirm her/his participation by email. After the confirmation, the participant and the partner organization will have time until 20th of May 2018 to book the flights to Switzerland and send to Subkult the booking confirmation and invoices. More information regarding this topic, the selected participants will get after they have confirmed their participation. Please be aware about this conditions before sending your application form.
Το κόστος των μετακινήσεων για κάθε συμμετέχοντα στο πρόγραμμα αυτό επιδοτείται μέχρι του ποσού των 275€(*), σύμφωνα με τους όρους και τους κανόνες του Erasmus+. Οι συμμετέχοντες λαμβάνουν την επιδότηση αυτή μετά από την ολοκλήρωση του προγράμματος και αφού έχουν καταθέσει τα απαραίτητα δικαιολογητικά (αποδείξεις, εισιτήρια, boarding pass, κλπ…).
(*: Επεξήγηση: αν λοιπόν το συνολικό κόστος των εισιτηρίων σου, αεροπορικά, μετρό, λεωφορεία, κλπ (όχι ΤΑΞΙ) φτάσει τα 255€ τότε θα λάβεις 255€ άρα θα επιδοτηθεί το 100% του κόστους των μετακινήσεων σου. Αν το συνολικό κόστος φτάσει τα 300€ τότε θα λάβεις το μέγιστο της επιδότησης τα 275€.)
Η διαμονή και η διατροφή των συμμετεχόντων καλύπτονται πλήρως από το πρόγραμμα.
- Το ποσό συμμετοχής προς την ΕΛΙΞ είναι 50€.
- Το ποσό συμμετοχής προς την οργάνωση Subkult είναι 50 ευρώ. Το ποσό αυτό θα αφαιρεθεί από την επιστροφή των εξόδων ταξιδιού μετά το σεμινάριο.
Για να δηλώσετε συμμετοχή συμπληρώστε στα αγγλικά την παρακάτω φόρμα συμμετοχής μέχρι τις 4 Μαΐου 2018!