Position title: Communication and Visibility Officer (ELIX-COM&VIS)
Reports to: Project Manager
Liaises with: All involved actors and stakeholders
ELIX is a Greek Non-Governmental Organization committed to promote personal development and everyone's evolution as citizens of the world through active participation in public life. Founded in 1987, ELIX has supported and educated more than 10,000 people to participate in innovative actions in Greece and more than 40 countries around the world.
Every year, hundreds of young people from all over Greece have the opportunity to enjoy the great experiences of volunteering by participating in one of the many volunteer work and educational projects that ELIX offers abroad, while at the same time over 150 volunteers from abroad participate in the respective programs of ELIX in Greece.
ELIX conducts international voluntary programs, (short, medium, and long-term WorkCamps) in Greece and abroad, in collaboration with international organizations and partners, aiming at protecting the environment, preserving cultural heritage and ensuring social cohesion. A volunteer work program is a unique opportunity to make creative use of your free time, to work with people from all over the world and to experience values such as cooperation, communication, coexistence, and solidarity.
As a member of the Alliance of European Voluntary Service Organizations, an International Non-Governmental Youth Organization, ELIX promotes intercultural understanding, peace, democratic participation and equality, in the spirit of respect for universal human rights.
The position is meant to provide support on a daily basis and by independently carrying out tasks and working towards tight deadlines within the ELIX team. The main objective of the position is to assist in developing and implementing high-quality visibility and communication strategies, policies and actions that match the profile and key features of the development cooperation programs under the management of ELIX. Such actions require an effective and constant flow of internal and external information and interaction among the Project Management Team and the Donors, the Project Officers in funded projects and other key stakeholders regarding visibility and communication. Liaising with stakeholders, designing and drafting visibility and communication materials and items (speeches, press releases, promotional texts for Facebook, Tweets for Twitter etc.) and ensuring the effective communication between all involved members will be key in this position.
Areas of responsibilities/tasks:
- Planning, coordination, implementation and supervision of all communication related strategies, policies, events, activities and actions
- Supervise and synchronize the design of all visibility materials produced, including update of visibility and communication material and documentations and to ensure cross-media actions to the ELIX website and Facebook, Twitter, YouTube etc.
- Support the planning and organization of events (training seminars, workshops, conferences etc.) and meetings, in particular assist in the preparation and compilation of speeches, press releases, briefings etc.
- Support the design and production of high-quality visibility and communication material.
- Coordination and Organization of field visits (in close cooperation with other colleagues of the EU Delegation).
- Draw up specifications for visibility and communication actions, including providing inputs to the funded projects.
- Monitor and ensure compliance of projects with ELIX visibility guidelines; following-up on the use of visibility budgets by ELIX programs and projects.
- Website monitoring/update, as far as communication actions are required
- General: Provide support to other communication related tasks as defined by the Heads of Section.
Qualifications and skills:
- At minimum a university degree at BA-level in Communication, Journalism, Public Relations or similar fields.
- Minimum 2 years of experience working in public relations, communications and/or advocacy actions within multilateral or international organizations, the private sector or governmental bodies.
- Good computer skills on MS Word, PowerPoint, e-mail applications and other relevant software programs.
- Demonstrated strong ability to write and communicate orally in English, including good drafting skills.
- Proven ability to rapidly produce quality outputs and to work under tight deadlines.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and social skills with a strong sense of flexibility and responsibility.
- Ability to work effectively and independently in a multi-disciplinary and multi-cultural team.
Specific experience requirements:
Experience in using multimedia and social networking as communication tools is an asset.
Then apply for this position by filling in the form below.
All applicants must send a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages). Both must be in English. CV only applications will not be considered.
Disclaimer Clause: The above job description is not an exhaustive list of the skills, effort, duties and responsibilities associated with the relevant positions.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.