Vacancy code: ELIX-FIN/HR-ASSIST
Location: ELIX Office, Athens
Reports to: Finance Manager and HR Coordinator
ELIX is a Greek Non-Governmental Organization committed to promote personal development and everyone's evolution as citizen of the world through active participation in public life.
Founded in 1987,ELIX has supported and educated more than 10,000 people to participate in innovative actions in Greece and more than 40 countries around the world. Since November 2016, ELIX has been implementing the project "Quality Play-Based Learning and Non-Formal Education, Enhanced Psychosocial Well-Being and Positive Integration for Refugee Children Aged 3-17 Years in Greece" in 12 different locations. Through this project, more than 2,500 refugee children, and their parents, have gained access to a flexible and reliable framework offering non-formal educational activities, such as courses of Greek, English, Mother Tongue, Mathematics, Civic Education and Life Skills, in order to enhance their potential and learning pathway.
ELIX is looking to hire a dynamic Finance and HR Assistant to support our day-to-day financial transactions, to handle a variety of personnel related administrative duties, and mainly to organize, manage and maintain both Finance and HR hardcopy and electronic archives, as well as to take care of any external office errands.
- Update financial spreadsheets with daily transactions
- Prepare balance sheets
- Track and reconcile bank statements
- Process payments
- Support monthly payroll and keep organized records
- Record accounts payable and accounts receivable
- Process invoices and follow up with clients, suppliers and partners as needed
- Provide any financial administrative support
- Support any audits
- Assist with day to day operations of the HR functions and duties
- Provide clerical and administrative support to the Human Resources Coordinator
- Compile and update employee records (hard and soft copies)
- Process documentation relating to personnel activities (staffing, recruitment, training, grievances, performance evaluations etc)
Record keeping and external office errands responsibilities:
- Organize, manage and maintain Finance hardcopy and electronic records and archives
- Organize, manage and maintain HR hardcopy and electronic records and archives
- Undertake, execute and complete external office errands (post office, bank, public services, etc.)
- Work experience as a Finance and/or HR assistant or similar role
- Good knowledge of Finance and HR procedures
- Excellent knowledge of the English language. Any other languages will be considered a strong asset
- PC literacy (MS Office, in particular)
- Advance MS Excel Skills (creating spreadsheets and using financial functions)
- Familiarity with accounting software will be consider a strong asset
- Attention to detail with ability to spot numerical errors
- Excellent organizational and strong time-management skills
- Excellent sense of prioritization
- Strong communication skills
Competencies for this role:
Behaviors (Values in practice)
- Holds self-accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modelling ELIX values.
- Holds the team and partners accountable to deliver on their responsibilities - giving them the freedom to deliver in the best way they see fit, providing the necessary development to improve performance and applying appropriate consequences when results are not achieved.
- Sets ambitious and challenging goals for themselves and their team, takes responsibility for their own personal development and encourages their team to do the same.
- Widely shares their personal vision for ELIX, engages and motivates others.
- Future orientated, thinks strategically and on a global scale.
- Thrives in a hectic and challenging work environment and is able to cope with the hardship of a humanitarian emergency setting.
- Builds and maintains effective relationships, with their team, colleagues, Members and external partners and supporters.
- Values diversity and sees it as a source of competitive strength.
- Approachable, good listener, easy to talk to.
- Develops and encourages new and innovative solutions.
- Willing to take disciplined risks.
Honest, encourages openness and transparency; demonstrates highest levels of integrity.
Then apply for this position by filling in the form below.
All applicants must send a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages). Both must be in English. CV only applications will not be considered.
Disclaimer Clause: The above job description is not an exhaustive list of the skills, effort, duties and responsibilities associated with the relevant positions.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Applications close on 17th September 2018