ELIX is a Greek Non-Governmental Organization committed to promote personal development and everyone's evolution as citizen of the world through active participation in public life. Founded in 1987, ELIX has supported and educated more than 10,000 people to participate in innovative actions in Greece and more than 40 countries around the world.
Since November 2016, ELIX is implementing an educational program for refugee and immigrant children, aged 3-17, and their parents in Attica. Through this project, more than 4000 refugee children, and their parents, have gained access to a flexible and reliable framework offering non-formal educational activities, such as courses of Greek, English, Mother Tongue, Mathematics, Civic Education and Life Skills, in order to enhance their potential and learning pathway.
ELIX is looking to hire a qualified Teacher for Job Readiness to deliver non-formal education classes to help young refugees and migrants, gain critical job search and readiness skills, preparing them for a successful entry into the workforce.
Reports to: Project Coordinator
Coordinates with: other program involved teachers
Employment contract: Fixed term - part time
Location: Athens, Attica
Key role and responsibility:
The position, which is responsible for offering employment engagement and possible work placements, consists of the following;
- Help motivate job readiness ability and provide to individuals the resources they need to obtain employment and become self- sufficient.
- Give career guidance and develop job search skills;
- Provide assistance with résumé building, cover letter and interview skills in both a one-on-one and class setting.
- Develop career planning and networking techniques, as well as assistance in finding employment opportunities and resources.
- Develop life skills and soft skills and etiquette, goal-setting, self-presentation and dress and stress management.
- Give insight to employment adaptation and troubleshooting conflicts and other issues at work.
- Introduce networking and engaging potential employers for possible job placements.
- Other services to help refugees and migrants’ individuals find employment and keep jobs.
Qualifications and experience:
- BS/BA degree in related field.
- Ability to build supportive and respectful working relationships with participants, promotes self-determination using a strengths-based approach.
- Proven ability to work independently, as well as, an effective member of a team and a collaborative.
- Excellent verbal communication skills. Strong organizational and time management skills.
Strong writing skills.
Understanding and practice of culturally sensitive components of direct service delivery through open dialogs and self-exploration with diverse groups.
- Strong understanding of the current context for refugees and migrants in Greece.
- Strong verbal and written English skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work collaboratively with others.
- Commitment to the aims and principles of ELIX. In particular, a good understanding of the ELIX mandate and an ability to ensure this continues to underpin our support.
- Experience delivering classes in non-traditional contexts, outside of the formal school system.
- Experience working in an emergency/humanitarian context.
- Experience working with Refugees and Migrants.
Then apply for this position by filling in the form below.
All applicants must send a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages). Both must be in English. CV only applications will not be considered.
The vacancy notice code TEACH-JOB READY and the applicant’s full name must be quoted in the email subject line.
Disclaimer Clause: The above job description is not an exhaustive list of the skills, effort, duties and responsibilities associated with the relevant positions.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Applications close on 24th November 2019