ELIX is looking for a “Field Coordinator” deployed in Athens for the purpose of facilitating, coordinating and monitoring the education activities implemented by ELIX within and outside of the refugee sites.
Position: Field Coordinator (1 position)
Code: ATHEDU FC*
Duration: till 30/6/2017 (high possibilities for expansion)
Employment type: Full-time
Deadline for application: April 10th, 2017
The non-governmental, non-profit organization ELIX Conservation Volunteers Greece in cooperation with Finn Church Aid (FCA) and funded by UNICEF will be implementing non-formal education activities and enhance psychosocial well being and positive integration for refugee children aged 3–17 years.
ELIX has been cultivating voluntary conscience and promoting voluntary service. ELIX’s main target is the contribution in the development of the person and his evolution as citizen of the world through his active participation in public life.
ELIX realizes international actions of voluntary participation with main targets the protection of the environment, the preservation of cultural heritage, the promotion of civilization and social service. In order to realize its actions, the organization cooperates with Local Authority Organizations, Government Bodies, Companies and Institutions.
The Field Coordinator will be deployed in Athens for the purpose of facilitating, coordinating and monitoring the education activities implemented by ELIX in the area. The Field Officer will report to the Project Coordinator and work under the overall supervision of the ELIX office in Athens. The Officer will be based in Athens and will have the supervision and responsibility of the non-formal education and relevant activities taking place in the area.
KEY ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Field Coordinator will perform the following duties:
1. Responsible for the daily planning, smooth, efficient and quality implementation, coordination and facilitation of ELIX activities in close cooperation with the education staff and the Project Coordinator
2. Maintaining data and documentation and undertaking regular oral and written reporting to the Project Coordinator with regard to the implementation of education and relevant refugee support activities in the sites
3. Manage and supervise the field education and other support staff and ensuring that all tasks are completed in a timely manner.
4. Works closely with program coordinators and managers and the other field coordinator to identify programming technical needs and take the lead in implementation and follow up as appropriate.
5. Responsible for the fields security systems
6. Close cooperation with the project’s working groups upon needs
7. Facilitation of needs assessments and monitoring missions in favor of ELIX
8. Facilitating cooperation with UNICEF, national and international organizations, field actors, and national and Local Authorities to the benefit of the refugees in cooperation with the Project Coordinator and ELIX
9. Facilitating support of sector/cluster working groups and exchange on cross-cutting issues
QUALIFICATIONS AND KEY COMPETENCES
- University degree (BA) in Humanities, Social Sciences, Political Science, International Relations or other relevant discipline
- Working experience with refugees and immigrants, and familiarization with their issues
- Excellent use of Microsoft Office
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and ability to work in a multicultural team
- Fluency in English required. Fluency in Greek, Arabic or Farsi language skills are a plus.
- Good research, writing and analytical skills
- A certificate of good conduct (Καθαρο Ποινικού Μητρώου) will be asked before employment.
The candidates must have:
1. The Greek nationality or the nationality of an EU member state. If a candidate has the nationality of an EU member state, they should definitely have excellent speaking, reading and writing skills of the Greek language according to the Greek law P.D. 50/2001, article 28 par. 4, and its amendments.
2. Candidates ought to have completed their military obligations or be legally exempted by them (for men).
1. A Motivation Letter with clear reference to the job position
2. Curriculum Vitae with full ID/Passport and contact information (home address telephone numbers etc).
Then apply for this position by filling in the form below.
All applicants must send a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages). Both must be in the same language as this vacancy note. CV only applications will not be considered. Applications close 10.04.2017.
The vacancy notice code ATHEDUFC and the applicant’s full name must be quoted in the email subject line.
Disclaimer Clause: This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skills, effort, duties and responsibilities associated with this position.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.